Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 • Walk begins: 8:30 am
CATEGORIES: Kids & Family | Sports & Recreation | Free | Community Events
Walk of Fame Park - 121 4th Ave SWebsite
Held in more than 600 communities nationwide, the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease. When you participate in walk, your fundraising dollars fuel Alzheimer's Association's mission, and your participation in the event helps to change the level of Alzheimer’s awareness in the community. While there is no fee to register, participants are encouraged to fundraise in order to contribute to the cause and raise awareness.
Please note: road closures associated with this event on Saturday, October 14.
- 5th Avenue South (Demonbreun Street to Korean Veterans Boulevard) will be closed from 8:30 am - 9:30 am
- Southernmost lane of Korean Veterans Boulevard (5th Avenue South to Hermitage Avenue) will be closed from 8:30 am - 9:45 am
- Academy Place (Hermitage Avenue to Rolling Mill Greenway) will be closed from 9 am - 10:30 am
- Rolling Mill Greenway will be closed from 9:15 am - 10:45 am
- Cumberland River Greenway will be closed from 9:30 am - 11 am
- Demonbreun Street (1st Avenue South to 3rd Avenue South) will be closed from 9:45 am - 11:15 am
- 3rd Avenue South (Demonbreun Street to Symphony Place) will be closed from 9:45 am - 11:15 am