News & Information
New restaurant: Cafe Lula!
Ryman Auditorium. 116 5th Avenue North. 615-458-8700. The menu includes fresh and healthy fare with an emphasis on rotisserie cooking. The restaurant serves breakfast and lunch and has extended hours on Ryman event nights to include dinner. Regular hours of operation are Monday - Sunday, 7 am - 7 pm.
New shopping option: Big Machine Store!
122 3rd Avenue South. 615-324-7777. This store is a retail outpost of Big Machine Label Group. The store sells their "Music Has Value" merchandise. Hours of operation are Monday - Sunday, 10 am - 7 pm.
New chiropractor: Nashville Chiropractic!
1200 Division Street, Suite 202. 615-620-0904. Dr. Ben Johnson offers chiropractic services in The Gulch. Hours of operation are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8 am - 1 pm, 3 pm - 6 pm and Tuesday and Friday, 8 am - 2 pm.
This Week: Road Closures
THROUGH MONDAY, JUNE 15
Several road closures are planned throughout downtown for the CMA Music Festival, CMA World GlobaLive!, CMA Music Festival Kick-off Concert, Music City Gives Back and the CMT Music Awards. This list is organized by the date the closures begin. The end date is different for each road and is indicated below. Most roads are closed for multiple days. All closures will be lifted by 2 am on Monday, June 15.
Saturday, June 6:
- 5th Avenue (Demonbreun to Broadway) from Saturday, June 6 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
Sunday, June 7:
- Broadway (1st Avenue to 2nd Avenue) from 11:59 pm on Sunday, June 7 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
- 1st Avenue (Demonbreun to Church) from 11:59 pm on Sunday, June 7 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
Monday, June 8:
- Broadway (4th Avenue to 7th Avenue) from 6 am on Monday, June 8 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- Demonbreun (4th Avenue South to 5th Avenue South) from 6 am on Monday, June 8 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
- Titans Way from 8 am on Monday, June 8 until 8 pm on Monday, June 15
Tuesday, June 9:
- 1st Avenue South (Korean Veterans Boulevard to Demonbreun) from 11 pm on Tuesday, June 9 until 2 am on Monday, June 15
- Molloy Street (1st Avenue South to 2nd Avenue South) from 11 pm on Tuesday, June 9 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
- Demonbreun (1st Avenue South to 2nd Avenue South) from 11 pm on Tuesday, June 9 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
Wednesday, June 10:
- Broadway (2nd Avenue to 4th Avenue) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 1 am on Monday, June 15
- Broadway (7th Avenue to 8th Avenue) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- 5th Avenue (Broadway to Commerce) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- 5th Avenue access from Hilton Nashville Downtown from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- 5th Avenue South (Demonbreun to Korean Veterans Boulevard) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- 6th Avenue (Broadway to Demonbreun) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- 7th Avenue (Commerce to Demonbreun) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
- Demonbreun (4th Avenue South to 8th Avenue South) from 6 am on Wednesday, June 10 until 6 am on Thursday, June 11
Thursday, June 11:
- 5th Avenue South (Korean Veterans Boulevard to Demonbreun) from 7 am until 7 pm Thursday, June 11 though Sunday, June 14
- Demonbreun (5th Avenue South to 6th Avenue South) from 7 am until 7 pm Thursday, June 11 though Sunday, June 14
Events This Week
THURSDAY, JUNE 11 - SUNDAY, JUNE 14
LOCATION: LP FIELD
Four days of concerts and events! Nightly concerts at LP Field feature the big-name artists, daily concerts at Riverfront Park star well-known and up-and-coming artists, and Fan Fair X at Music City Center offers autograph signings and photos of the artists, shopping, live music and more. Take part in all of the free festivities offered this year including the free concerts at Riverfront Park! Additional free areas include the Bud Light Stage in the plaza at Bridgestone Arena, Belk Park Stage at Walk of Fame Park, Chevrolet Roadhouse Stage on Broadway between 3rd and 4th Avenue, Gildan Broadway Stage at Hard Rock Cafe and more. Click here for more information and a complete schedule of events. Please note: road closures associated with this event. Click here for a list of road closures associated with the CMA Music Festival and its related events.
THURSDAY, JUNE 11, 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Enjoy a gathering of 20 local food trucks parked along Deaderick Street between 4th Avenue North and 5th Avenue North. This event takes place every other Thursday through the fall.
FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 3 PM - 6 PM
LOCATION: CITY WINERY $50 - $250
Artists and celebrities from across the country will come together for the inaugural Concert for Love and Acceptance on Friday, June 12. Artists include Melinda Doolittle, Shelly Fairchild, Billy Gilman, Jennifer Knapp, Jamie O’Neal and Pastor Stan Mitchell. Ty Herndon and Meghan McCain will host the event, which supports at-risk youth in the community.
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 10:30 AM, 2 PM AND 5:30 PM
LOCATION: BRIDGESTONE ARENA $21.35 - $72.50
The all-new Sesame Street Live "Make a New Friend" visits Bridgestone Arena Saturday, June 13. Elmo, Grover, Abby Cadabby and their Sesame Street friends welcome Chamki, Grover’s friend from India, to Sesame Street. Together, they explore the universal fun of friendship and celebrate cultural similarities, from singing and dancing to sharing cookies.
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 9 AM - NOON
LOCATION: FIRST TENNESSEE PARK $50
A fan-favorite event and longstanding tradition of the CMA Music Festival, the City of Hope Celebrity Softball Game will commemorate 25 years of striking out cancer Saturday, June 13 at First Tennessee Park. This year's event features Vince Gill, Little Big Town, ABC "Nashville" star Chip Esten, Lauren Alaina, Lindsay Ell and many more.
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 7 PM; SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2 PM AND 7 PM
LOCATION: SCHERMERHORN SYMPHONY CENTER $49 - $109
For its season finale production, Studio Tenn will embark on one of the wildest musical adventures ever to blow up Broadway: "The Wizard of Oz." Their fresh, original approach created uniquely for the Schermerhorn experience will reinvigorate and elevate this true American classic with an abundance of new thrills and surprises. This fully staged musical production will be backed by a full symphony orchestra and stars Broadway's Diana DeGarmo as Dorothy.
Join celebrity chef Maneet Chauhan for a hands-on cooking class at Chauhan Ale & Masala House. Groups will prepare one of six courses, including a mixology course with the chef herself. Following the preparation, everyone will sit down with Chauhan and enjoy the fruits of their labor along with beverage pairings. Plus, attendees will each receive a gift. 21+ event.
MONDAY, JUNE 15, 6:30 PM - 10 PM
LOCATION: THE LISTENING ROOM CAFE FREE
Praised in "Billboard" and "Nashville Lifestyles," Song Suffragettes is Nashville’s only weekly singer/songwriter showcase that features women exclusively. Join them for their first anniversary celebration featuring three rounds of the best-and-brightest female talent in Nashville—plus surprise special guests!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 8 AM - 10 AM
LOCATION: BRIDGESTONE ARENA $30+
Good People Creative will host Brand Forward, an annual event to bring business owners and marketers together to talk about and listen to strategies that are and aren’t working for large and small businesses. Main conversation topics will center on traditional and digital media buying, search engine marketing and content strategy. Brand Forward will take place on Wednesday, June 17 at the Lexus Lounge inside Bridgestone Arena.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 8 PM
LOCATION: LP FIELD $75
The iconic band will treat their generations of fans to a special one-night-only Nashville show, with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as “Gimme Shelter,” “Paint It Black,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Tumbling Dice” and “It’s Only Rock ‘N' Roll” as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalog. This will be the first time for LP Field to host The Rolling Stones and the first time since 2002 that the group has played in Music City. Plus, Brad Paisley will open the show.
Join The Capitol Grille on Thursday, June 18 for another exciting installment of its Master Distillers Series with Jimmy and Eddie Russell of Wild Turkey. This is the perfect lead up to Father's Day as the father and son team guides guests through an interesting discourse on their favorites throughout the Wild Turkey collection. Chef Tyler Brown and his team will pair the perfect dishes with the chosen spirits. Ticket price includes valet parking.