217 2nd Ave N
Nashville, TN 37201
217 Second Avenue North is part of the Second Avenue Historic District in the National Register of Historic Places. This building and #215 are part of the same building that was constructed in 1875. Originally, the two facades were identical, but the storefront of 217 has since been altered, removing much of the cast iron work that once was there. The building is 19th Century Commercial Style and contains classical elements. The second floor has arched windows, the middle of which has a keystone and a pediment. The pediment, cornice, and roof are all made of metal.
The building at 217 Second Avenue North was originally a tin shop. From 1915 to the late 1940s it was home to CC Wagoner & Bros. Seed Company. From 1950 on, the building changed hands quite frequently. The tenants ranged from industries such as the Lellyett & Rogers Printers in the 1950s to the white collar attorneys who used the buildings as offices in the mid-1980s.