523 Church St
Nashville, TN 37219
Wed Refresh Service: noon - 12:30 pm
Wed Bible Study: 6:00 pm
Sun Contemporary Service: 9:00 am
Sunday School: 10:00 am
Sun Traditional Worship: 11:00 am
William McKendree, the first American-born Methodist bishop, visited Nashville on several occasions and dedicated the first Methodist church building in 1833. Since that time, the church has hosted several notable services, such as President James K. Polk’s funeral and the inaugurations of Tennessee governors Aaron V. Brown, Neill S. Brown, William B. Campbell, and Andrew Johnson. The current Classical Revival-styled church building is the fourth to be built on this site by the McKendree congregation. It was completed in 1910 and in 1966-67, the firm of Wilson and Odum designed a new front which extended it 50 feet closer to Church Street.