Nashville, TN 37201
Acme Farm Supply, a fixture in Nashville for over ninety years, called this three-story building home for over fifty years. Acme Stock & Poultry Company originally operated on First Avenue North near the Public Square, beginning in 1907. Generations of Nashvillians knew that Acme was the place to go for poultry, feed, and seed; the company diversified in the latter years of the 20th century to include pet supplies and gardening supplies and Nashville promotional items for tourists. The three-story commercial Victorian building was originally a flour warehouse, but also served as the Bearden Buggy Company, Tennessee Wholesale Drugs, and Chadwell Transfer & Storage before Acme moved to this location in the 1940s. Competition from suburban big-box retailers and encroaching urban development forced Acme Farm Supply to close in 1999.
This building now houses Acme Feed & Seed, a multi-level restaurant and live music venue.