108 7th Ave S
Nashville, TN 37203
Sun Services: 8:15 am, 10:30 am
Sun Bible Study: 9:00 am
This building, designed by noted Nashville church architect Edwin Keeble in the late 1960s, is the fourth downtown home of Nashville's First Baptist Church, established in 1820. The congregation dedicated their current building on Easter Sunday, March 29, 1970. This building replaced a structure built in 1886, and although the congregation felt the need for a larger, more modern structure, the elaborate Gothic bell tower remained to symbolize the congregation's ties to its past. An artist's rendering of the 1886 building may be seen on the historical marker on the Broadway side of the church.